Their Ancestry reports are some of the most detailed and accurate. They’re generally considered a reputable company, but their customer reviews told a different story.
Background of the Company:
23andMe was founded in 2006 by Anne Wojcicki, Linda Avey, and Paul Cusenza. Their goal is to “help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome.” To date, they have published more than 100 peer-reviewed studies in scientific journals.
23andMe offers 2 different packages: Ancestry ($99) or Health + Ancestry ($199). The Ancestry package includes 5 reports:
- Ancestry Composition (a basic breakdown of your genetic Ancestry)
- Maternal Haplogroup Report (mtDNA)
- Paternal Haplogroup Report (Y-DNA)
- Neanderthal Ancestry Report
- DNA Relatives (a list of people who have similar DNA – possible relatives, etc)
The Health + Ancestry package includes all of the above with several other reports. Most are related to health and wellness, such as risks and predispositions, but some are simple genetic trait reports like hair color and taste preferences.
Click Here To Learn More